1. The holding conditions of my Bengal cats meet or exceed the minimum requirements of the legislator (of the country I live in), and my club/association. Male or female cats are never held individually (Exception: quarantine). I pay attention to where I buy my breeding cats and where I send them. I try to avoid working with breeders, who keep their cats in small, tight cages, under all circumstances.
2. I ensure the health of my cats. All kittens are vaccinated (at least twice, they receive basic immunization against cat flu/disease), de-wormed (alternatively: I test stool samples) and chipped. Kittens who do not have complete vaccination protection, are not allowed to be sold, nor to go to exhibitions. I vaccinate and de-worm (alternatively: I test stool samples) all cats living in the house, at regular intervals.
3. All my breeding cats (SBT - Stud book traditional) are scanned with ultrasound at a recognized cardiologist before breeding takes place, thereafter annually, or before the next mating. I immediately report the HCM-(Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) positive and HCM EQ animals to the HCM list. For HCM-positive or HCM EQ-ultra-sounded animals, I follow the recommendations of the Pawpeds health program. Upon request, I give my customers access to the health documents of my breeding cats.
4. Under no circumstances do I willfully risk producing sick kittens. For this reason I know, the PRA-b and PK-Def status of my breeding cats. I don't allow any risky matings. Upon request, I give my customers access to the health documents of my breeding cats. I don't have to do post-testing on kittens from two animals that are demonstrably PRA-b and/or PK-Def. N/N.
5. I check the inbreeding coefficients of my kittens. I do not undertake any matings that drive the COI up markedly. I provide access to all my pedigrees at bengal-data.com.
6. I pay attention to the accuracy of the pedigrees and register all the kittens in a recognized association. A breeding cat should not normally be mated before its 10-month birthday, and no more than three times within 24 months (Exception: medical indication).
7. I sell all kittens and cats, together with a contract. This regulates what happens if the animal becomes ill or dies within a defined period of time (guarantee) .
8. Animals that go to animal-lovers are given early castrations or expected to be castrated; in the contract there is a clause which requires and regulates castration before sexual maturity. I make an effort to find a suitable home or living space for all kittens. If this is not possible, I ensure a breeding break or do not continue to breed.
9. I do not conceal any health problems in my cattery. When an infectious (viral) disease appears in the cattery, I undertake all necessary measures to prevent it from continuing to spread. In particular, I do not go to any exhibitions and do not allow foreign mating to continue, stop the sale of kittens, and restrict visits of other cat owners to unavoidable necessity.
10. Should a cat from my cattery be mistreated or neglected at a later date, I will take responsibility for the care and housing of the cat.
11. Breeding animals, which I no longer wish to use in my breeding program, are normally only sold neutered. Under no circumstances do I knowingly sell a pregnant cat.
12. If I sell a breeding animal to a young breeder, I take responsibility and also avail myself as a mentor.
CH - 6208 Oberkirch
+41 79 293 86 75